How to fix Ruby Gem installer issues on Windows
After use Ruby Installer to use gem on Windows. I got this error when try the command “gem install”:
=> Just run “chcp 850” before run “gem install”.
Build tools required
For example, I run “gem install jekyll” to install jekyll, but I got this error.
=> Download development kit at http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/.
- I use Ruby 2.1.x and Windows 8.1 x64 so I choose the exe file in this section: “For use with Ruby 2.0 and above (x64 - 64bits only)”.
- Make a new folder named “Ruby DevKit”, copy the downloaded exe file to this folder, then run it for extracting (7z).
- When the file is extracted, In the Ruby DevKit folder, hold Shift then click the right mouse button, select Open command window here.
- On the command windows, run “chcp 850”, then run “ruby dk.rb init”, then “ruby dk.rb install” to bind it to ruby installations in your path.
- Try the install command “gem install jekyll” again